Our General Meetings are public and feature speakers on subjects such as conservation, care and medical treatment, captive breeding, field studies, as well as many other interesting areas of herpetology. There are also workshops where people can bring their pets, relate their many experiences, and share their knowledge.
BAHS general meetings are held on the fourth Friday of each month except November and December. Our Nov/Dec meeting is held in December, and is our annual Christmas party. All BAHS general meetings are open to the public - visitors are always welcome.
- We encourage members to bring reptiles to the general meetings, but they should be brought in suitable travel containers (including a source of heat, if necessary). All animals must be kept in their containers during the business portion of the meeting. Aggressive, sick, delicate, or in-shed animals should not be brought to the meetings, for their sake, for that of the humans attending, and to protect others' pets from harm.
- Meetings start promptly at the announced time. Please take a seat by that time.
- Items (including reptiles) may be sold at the general meetings, but BAHS should receive (at least) 10% of the sales amount. Make an announcement of the items for sale during the business portion of the meeting, under "Good of the order".
- During guest speaker presentations, please be quiet to show respect towards the speaker and so that others can hear the presentation. During presentations, reptiles should not be passed around unless it's under the direction of the guest speaker.
- Children are welcome at our meetings, but should be relatively quiet and (hopefully) remain seated during the presentation of the guest speakers. All BAHS general meetings are open to the public - visitors are always welcome.