The stated purpose of BAARS is to:
- Encourage education and dissemination of scientific information through the facilities of the society.
- Encourage conservation of wildlife in general and of amphibians and reptiles in particular.
- Achieve closer cooperation and understanding between amateur and professional herpetologists so that they may work together in the common cause of furthering science.
We do this by:
- Holding regular meetings where we feature speakers from the herp community, give members opportunities to share experiences and ask questions, and spend time to get to know each other and our herptiles.
- For more information, see our Meeting Schedule.
- Participating in shows in the greater Bay Area, where we give visitors an opportunity to see, touch, and learn about reptiles, amphibians, and other herptiles. See our Upcoming Shows Schedule.
- Providing care information and help via email, word of mouth, and internet resources.
- Join our Yahoo mailing list, visit us on Facebook, or check out our care web page (under construction).
- Publishing a monthly newsletter
- Organize herpetological field and camping trips.